Add a Revenue or Cost
Custom Revenues and Costs can be added to a model to capture revenues or costs not otherwise modeled in the Scenario. For example, if the city will lease property to a business, you will want to capture the lease revenue with a custom revenue for the city.
Follow these steps to create a Custom Revenue for the City:
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the Scenario Workspace.
- Choose the City on the left side tab menu.
- Click Edit Defaults at the top of the City page.
- Scroll down to the Revenues section and click on “Create Direct Revenue”.
- Add a Direct Revenue Name as it will appear throughout the model and Report.
- Choose if the input will be a “Percent Increase” type input or a “No Percent Increase” type input.
- Percent Increase inputs are appropriate when you intend to enter a value for each year of the analysis and possibly increment by a standard annual percent increase. This is the appropriate choice for something like annual lease revenue paid to the City.
- No Percent Increase inputs are appropriate when you will capture a value in one specific year and don’t want to automatically fill subsequent years with values.
- Click on the Scenario Info page and enter values in the new section containing the Direct Revenue label you just created.
- Click on the Report tab to see the new revenue has been incorporated throughout the Scenario.