Analyze a Sales Tax Incentive
Impact DashBoard allows you to model a sales tax incentive in the context of the impact of a project. Here are the basic steps required to model a sales tax incentive.
- Enter Project-specific information into the Scenario Info page to generate a basic impact report xlinkx.
- Click on the Public Support page within the Scenario Workspace.
- Click on the tab corresponding to the Taxing District that will provide the sales tax incentive. For example, click on the City tab to model a sales tax incentive from the City.
- Scroll down to the section called Sales Tax Rebate.
- Choose the sales tax incentive terminology that is appropriate for your situation
- Specify the sales tax incentive schedule over the time period.
- The value of the sales tax incentive will be calculated on the right and throughout the Reports.
Note: A sales tax incentive can be modeled for the Project’s taxable sales as well as “capital investment-related” sales taxes – the sales taxes collected on construction materials and the initial purchases of FF&E.
Read more about sales tax incentives on the Public Support page.